View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
These polls… usually bought for media purposes are self serving for media.

For instance… in Canada… Trudeau had a huge majority of the younger demographic. As the demographic aged… so too did their political opinions. What we don’t know is of the older demographic in the UK that likes the monarchy… what did they think when they were younger.

We also know that polls reflect a short window of opinion. Look back to what has changed recently…. Prince Andrew definitely harmed the feelings towards the monarchy as did likely Harry’s statements about racism.

On one hand one says 14 signs out of 100,000 attendees mean doom. At the same time one ignores thousands of Twitter statements against PP as being Liberal plants.

There is something to be said about tradition and history and while some protest tearing down statues to preserve history… some say dissolve the monarchy.

I would hesitate to suggest that the majority don’t really care either way in Canada. That they see more wrongs that need to be fixed here and that this is just another great deflection for the government in power. There are costs and risks to opening up the constitution to make changes. Costs to change many systems. What are they? I don’t know but I do know for me this topic is far over shadowed by inflation, healthcare, debt, jobs in Canada.

Also can you post this link?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/society/...pinion-stand-m

It’s a company that pays people for polls. This means the polling is very biased towards people that want to give opinions. Normally it skews to people upset as people are more apt to complain.

Interesting poll they did here. https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyl...t-heterosexual 1 in 2 young people are not heterosexual. This isn’t to derail but to point out a question as to the legitimacy of the poll information you put forth as an argument. If you believe one… based upon their poll you must believe in them all. Picking and closing is also a confirmation bias risk.
Good points

A lot of people only read into media what they want to hear

The MSM is evil, unless it states what you believe, then it is gospel.

It is like religion, people interpret the Bible or Koran or whatever to justify their actions.