View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Anyone can argue anything they want - like silly useless arguments like rivetted versus welded (when construction and engineering aren't considered) or thickness of hull material …. etc...

But my statement was made on facts.

Things I look at are ….

Marine Ply Floor thickness? stainless hinges on hatches? locking hatches? blue sea wiring harness under the dash? what gauge wire is used? what is the cleat backed under? what is the corner moldings/castings? what is the quality of the seats? bases? pedestals? gauges and aux? canopy? canopy hardware plastic or stainless? how about the zippers and the material? are the hatches lockable? what's the quality of the livewell? how many/what kind of bilge pumps do they have and is one manual and the other a backup? how about lbs of floatation? capacity ratings on vessel? How is the water channeled away from dry storage compartments? are there lift assist on hatches? is the boat have pre wired for radio vhf, fish finders, down riggers and there's power to the blue sea distribution box? is there even a box there? how about being wired for 24v/36v at bow with a plug ready to go? on board battery chargers? Is there a plate installed for remote steering from factory?

How about the resale? The trailer rating for the boat it sits on? max HP the transom can take? LED lights, does it come with brakes? what are the tires and wheels it comes with? does the "factory" trailer come with one dinky carpeted 2x4 bunk on each side - or does it come with 2 full length 2x6 bunks on each side giving the boat 300% more support? what about the trailer suspension? hubs (sealed)?

There are so many things that 95% of the people miss and buy a cheap package boat then cry later when they realize you get what you pay for and it's no one else's fault but their owns for ignoring all these things and having to deal with boat, mounting accessories, wiring, transom, trailer issues down the road.

So, you can "say" all you want and be upset because you feel this was a personal attack of some sort (which wasn't the intent) or you can accept reality and try and be objective and fair to yourself.

The reality is, for the "inland lake production type" recreational boats - there is absolutely no question which boats are better and which ones are not.

That's a fact.

Oh trust me I'm far from upset and I never took anything as a personal attack, I find it incredibly ironic however that you would make a comment to me about being objective. You get a little up tight when Lund is mentioned in a negative light you can't deny that. That is a fact. If you read through a previous post of mine I said I wouldn't be opposed to a riveted boat from a few manufacturers. Lund is not top of the list but depending on what I'm getting for what I'm paying sure a possibility.

Why you went on long winded tangent about boat characteristics and manufacturers you won't mention is a bit of a head scratcher.

The "anyone who's anyone" comment of the quote you prefaced your post with is what struck me as hilarious and I have no issue addressing stuff like that. It's a silly argument to even vaguely link a persons worth as a fisherman/outdoorsmen with the equipment they choose to run.