View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
I would be quite surprised if this is transom rot after 4 seasons. It is most likely electrolysis. You might have one or more circuits that are using the boat as a negative ground (wired improperly). All the positive and negative circuits should be wired directly to the battery source.
Electrolysis has been the downfall of more than one tinny...

I’ve seen a lot of Lunds bubble up under the stickers. Not sure why it starts there but it’s common if there is a ground issue.

The hulls I had replaced under warranty were all small Lunds; WC12, SSV14 & SSV 16. I beat all of them like a red-headed step child. Not from dragging them on shore or hitting things, just big waves and tide rips. The 17’ Proguide I had didn’t have any issues but I only had it for a couple years before moving up to a Silver Streak. Although both were the same length there was no comparison in the kind of water the two boats could handle.

On the coast all Lunds are just considered Tinnies. For the most part a 19’ Lund is big for Lunds on the coast and while I know they get much bigger they are just too much money for something that can’t handle the water without having hull issues and very few would buy one hence why there is no market for them. On a lake, even a big one where you get caught out in the wind on occasion, they excell.