View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
You won't stop them by opposing them. Someone needs to form a realistic platform on firearms and then propose it publicly to gain support and sway politicians to get behind you. If you only oppose the changes you will lose as there aren't enough of you but if you can get a bill with some proactive changes and allowances for reasonable firearm ownership/use then you might be able to get enough people on board.

Making all semi automatic firearms restricted is drastic. Semi automatic hunting rifles and shotguns do have a place in hunting. What I would propose is some sort of intermediate level classification between non restricted and restricted that applies to all non restricted semi automatic firearms and has tighter regulations but still allows hunters to use semi automatic hunting rifles/shotguns.

Prohibiting AR-15's is also drastic, restricted is fine. Reclassifying some other assault style firearms as restricted would be reasonable though.

Make a good platform and I would support you guys, I think the proposed changes if true are ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me if our liberal government would consider doing these things though and they will likely see more support then opposition in doing so...
Why should we as firearm owners support more legislation? We should use the same efforts used to make a "realistic platform" to educate the public.

We don't need more legislation. Gun crime is virtually non-existent, and here you are saying that we should support more legislation?

Assault style? So you are basing your opinions on the appearances of the firearm? This is just too much.

Do you own firearms?