View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 10:54 AM

Default Need Ppl for Sept Hike into Fortress Lake BC

Looking for partners to do the hike into Fortress Lake BC this September. Guy I was going with bailed. Dates would be September 14th to 17th or 22nd to 25th. PM me or reach out on here to connect.

Hike is 20kms, but first half is on a bike. The hike has marginal elevation gain. It is back country camping so you must travel light, bring food, small cook stove, etc. Need a float tube or pack raft in order to properly fish the lake. Two river crossings involved. Experience isn't crucial, but must be adaptable, mentally tough and able to cope with mother nature.

Fortress Lake is probably one of the best (if not the best) Brook Trout fisheries in Western Canada. Average size Brookies of around 5 lbs and up to 10lbs can be caught here. The fall is the best time to fish the area since river flows are low and crossings are safer. The Brookies are all coloured up nice and pretty and packing on the pounds getting ready for the spawn and winter.

I know folks on here have done the hike before and post pictures, so do a search of the forums, or just google Fortress Lake BC, to see for yourself. This is truly a bucket list trip for any angler. There is a lodge on Fortress but a 3 day trip starts at $3,500 so this is the poor man's way to get it done.