View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Banned

Default Remember this:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4258014/
Justice officials in Alberta have dropped a ticket issued to a Good Samaritan who used his ATV to plow snow off a city sidewalk.

Jon Cooper, a 62-year-old chiropractor, had attached a plow to his quad to clear the path outside his office in St. Albert, north of Edmonton, on Jan. 8, 2011.

He had been plowing the same walk, a route regularly used by seniors living in nearby complexes, for the past nine years.

He got stuck in the snow and his son Dan Cooper pulled up in his truck to help his father out.

RCMP got involved because using an ATV on a city street is prohibited. The situation escalated into a scuffle with the officers.

When it was over, the father was given a $250 fine and the son was charged with two counts of obstructing a peace officer. Those charges were also stayed in court earlier this week.

Pretty sure the problem arises when insurance is needed. If you're not insured for road use you could be on the hook for a lot of headaches.

Frankly, as long as you're not being a giant douche (like those guys without mufflers on their trucks or ricer cars etc), then I got no problem with it. Just be respectful. Always boils down to being respectful of others. Town I grew up in had a bylaw that you could ride your sled in town if you were taking the most direct route out of town. Seems like a common sense thing to me.

And there are some towns in Alberta where I see quads at the grocery store etc all the time.