View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
I never said I was against assault rifles , I said that in my opinion there may be an arguement for over the counter sale of assault styled weapons with high capacity magazines. I can't see the benifit of just anyone going into a store and purchasing an center fire assault styled weapon with high capacity magazine(more than 4 rounds). I think ownership of these styled weapons should be a little more tightly monitored, that way we know the people who own them are bonafide enthusiests. No different thanthe hand guns I own.
Excuse me? Your post below is not in agreement with your post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
Frankly I see no need for high capacity magazines, nor do I see a need for assult style weapons. If they banned all assault styled weapons it wouldn't make any differance to us hunters who don't use either. I don't have a problem with certain guns being taken off the shelves and treated like restricted weapons. I have been hunting for the better part of 40 years and I have yet to see the need for an assult rifle with a +10 round magazine in the field. Assult rifles were designed with one purpose in mind that purpose has absolutely NOTHING to do with the sport of hunting.

Now I am in for it.
Pardon me? You know that magazines for semi-auto rifles are restricted to 5 rounds, right. It has to be asked of you because you go on and on about high cap magazines when in fact the handgun(s) you own most certainly hold more than 5 rounds in the cylinder or in the mag. And the handguns you own.....what were they designed for? I think you must be softening