View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The thing is that all he has ever been doing is expressing his opinion. Respectfully, I might add.

I have not been chiming in on this thread because I am in Southern California, the land of guns and sun, with my family, getting ready to to go the beach.

Was in Cabela's in Utah two days ago and had this strange urge to buy a kit to make my 10/22 into an assault rifle
Exactly nothing more that expressing my opinion, and for doing something as simple as expessing that opinion I have been attacked, called a NAZI supporter, insulted etc etc. What that type of reaction exemplifies is a lack of tolerance, the inability for the extremists amongst us to have a civil discussion about gun ownership. There is a fundamental problem when a person comes absolutely unglued when presnted with an opinion that differs from there own.
Yes it's a delicate issue, but as more and more gun related events happen we better be a little more prepared to present our side of the story, just calling everyone that does no have the same opinion as ours a supporter of Hitler or, Stalin, is not going to garner a lot of support from the moderates that form the majority of the electorate who elect the law makers. You will never get very far with moderates by calling them filthy names and insulting them. We will need an organized civil approach.