View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The thing is that all he has ever been doing is expressing his opinion. Respectfully, I might add.

I have not been chiming in on this thread because I am in Southern California, the land of guns and sun, with my family, getting ready to to go the beach.

Was in Cabela's in Utah two days ago and had this strange urge to buy a kit to make my 10/22 into an assault rifle
Everything written is someones opinion. The opinion stated by scrapper cannot be rationalized. Handguns are OK but AR-15's are not? The only explanation for his rationalization is that he is a self proclaimed hunter, he owns a handgun and does not see the need for "assault rifles". That is good enough for him and it is his desire to impose that on everyone else. So, I see this as rationalization by selfish motivation. You cannot rationalize his opinion from being opposed to firearms in general as he already owns them; you cannot rationalize his opinion from being opposed to handguns as he already owns one. He simply cherry picks one firearm, a so-called "assault rifle", presumably an AR-15 which is no more than a semi-automatic rifle or carbine. My opinion and his opinion collide. A guy can make all the respectful opinions he wants..........but you have to be willing to called on it and expect a countering opinion. A forceful countering opinion sufficient enough to change his opinion is necessary (another opinion of mine). Never saying I don't respect his opinion, I can't make sense of it.