Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 AM

[QUOTE=jryley;1298944]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post

Lol you lost any respect i had for with "carbon dating has proven to be a farce". My gosh man/woman. Get a
Grip on reality.
"Willard Libby (December 17, 1908 – September 8, 1980) and his colleagues discovered the technique of radiocarbon dating in 1949. Libbey knew that atmospheric carbon would reach equilibrium in 30,000 years. Because he assumed that the earth was millions of years old, he believed it was already at equilibrium. However each time they test it, they find more c14 in the atmosphere, and have realized that we are only 1/3 the way to equilibrium."

This also does not address the changing levels of carbon-14 on the earth due to our influence on the planet. It has also been found that the earth's declining magnetic field strength lets more into the atmosphere.

There are quite a few accounts of wildly inaccurate numbers gotten by carbon dating. Of course the trend is to cherry pick the number that "fits" due to common preconceptions.

Get a grip on grammar, and do some of your own research before "Lol'ing" at mine.