Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
you got to admit those stories are a very good coincidences aren't they?
I don't believe they are a coincidence, and they do note investigation. There seems to be more areas where they don't compare. I don't believe Horus removed the sins of his people, nor did he parallel a previous event thousand of years before as Christ did with the feast of the passover, where he became the lamb of the passover feast. I would like to also compare the time when Horus was written with the time Moses and the Exodus took place to see if some of the information pertaining to Horus could have been taken from the life of Moses and the Exodus. One should remember that there has always been some type of miracles, healings...etc. taking place amongst God's people and in their writings. This includes the events of the plagues and miracles that were done when Moses was in conflict with Pharaoh.

http://kingdavid8.com/Copycat/JesusHorus.html

In addition, the virgin birth was written about long before krishna and again this insight could have been taken by the Egyptian?

The virgin birth of Jesus prophecies both in Genesis and Isaiah. The Protevangelium implies that Christ would be the seed of a woman only, and Isaiah states that he would be born of an almah, which means virgin. These are books written thousands of years before Jesus came. And it was known that a lamb was used in sacrifice for the Jews for forgiveness of sins. So did someone borrow from scripture?

Last edited by 30Cal; 02-11-2012 at 07:51 PM.