Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
I am very interested in the theory of evolution thoughts, of those who believe God created the universe,

as well,..

If there is one God...and lets say he is the Christian God...and he has revealed himself through miracles, inteventions and the Bible...

Then what of the Hindus, the Muslims...who also claim such miracles, and revealing,...

Seems contradictory if there is one God, and he is the God of Christianity..

For the first part of your question, I am a Christian and believe that GOD created the universe, and is still creating. And I believe that HE set the wheels of the mechanics of evolution in motion.

At some point HE stepped in and put something special into humans to make them a special being with a greater connection to HIMSELF than his other creatures.

A really interesting book to read is "Mere Christianity" by C.S.Lewis

Lewis at one time did not believe in GOD. To the point that he took great pleasure in debating with believers and doing his best to discredit them and their beliefs. (surely he would have enjoyed participating in this thread when he was in that mind)

But he was a thinker. He found that there was a rational logical proof for the Christian faith. Read it with an open mind and perhaps your mind will be opened even further.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...