View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
GSW = General Steel Wares, formed in 1927. Please don't hit that with a grinder or anything abrasive. Self cleaning oven can warp it or crack it.

Mcclary started making these in the early 30's - look under the handle for an X and 3 numbers. Findlay picked up the torch in the 40's and made them into the 50's and 60's. They are going up in value depending on who made it, seen them sell dirty for $50 to $70 lately. Post a picture of the back.

Spray it down with yellow cap easy off and put it in a garbage bag for a few days. Scrub it with stainless steel wool and repeat as necessary. Or if you want, drop it off to me, i'll toss it in my lye tank for a couple of days and restore it properly.

That Canter blog is hit and miss, linseed oil is a short chain fatty acid and doesn't hold up well to the expansion and contraction of heating and cooling. Crisco is best.
What would be using a lye tank for?lyers? Lol.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.