View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
Rather than start a new thread, I’m going to revive this one. I skipped putting in for the draw last year, just went priority only, as I was planning on chasing moose closer to home. I’m thinking 2018 should be my year. I am priority 10 this year for archery antelope. And I’m just looking for success stories, and tips and tricks. The plan is still to put in for the 150/151/152 zones. If you hunted there last year, and have any advice, it would all be appreciated. Thank you.
Did this for the first time this year. There were many bucks seen in pasture and crop fields. Spot and stalk is an option for sure using terrain and dekes. I decided to stake a deke out in the open and use terrain to conceal myself 30 yards away. Also had a deke attached to my bow. This worked for me bringing in a couple bucks. Next day I used a pop up ground blind with a deke set up 30 yards away. Again this brought bucks into range. Took a buck from the blind. Used a Heads Up decoy attached to my bow and a Montana decoy on the ground.