View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 07:13 PM

Default Tried the challenge today

I tried the challenge today. It was a good day for it. Temp was about -5C with nearly no wind. I learned that I need to work on my skills and or change rifles attempting it. Its tough to shoot a 1/2 diamond 3 times with a .308 I found it even tougher to hit the less than 1/2 inch grey dot. I think a second focal plane scope will help as well, because my crosshairs completely covered the gray dot. I shoot a vortex razor HD II 4.5x27 second focal scope with mil/mil reticle and turrets. I think if I had moa/moa i could have got finer adjustments to center my point of impact right on the square.

Most importantly I need to shoot better. I had a couple of terrible groups because I got frustrated and rushed it a bit. I had a couple I really liked for size they just werent on the square. Proper breathing and consistent trigger pull are critical. Next time I try it I will use my front rest instead of my bipod. That way the rifle will stay put. I was just happy to get out shooting.

PS you might notice several shots up by the grey dot. I would get frustrated trying to hit it so I broke the rules of the challenge and tried extra shots to hit it.

PSS I also tried the easier version of the challenge with 3 shots in the red and 1 on the gray circle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 260 Challenge 1.jpg (56.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 260 Challenge 2.jpg (53.9 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by markg; 01-14-2017 at 07:21 PM.