View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 09:38 AM

Default Archery antelope

Alright guys and gals, I know it's only March, but the draws will be upon us before we know it. I am currently sitting at a p7 for archery antelope. Looking at the results for last years draws, I might have a chance of drawing this year. So rather than the usual 999, I'm thinking of actually applying to be drawn. I'm looking for some info on where you guys think the best area to be.

A buddy of mine tagged out last year on his trophy antelope in the 807 draw choice, with wmu's 150,151,152. I have done a bit of hunting in the Hanna area and saw a few decent bucks around there as well. Thinking about going with the 808 draw choice with wmu's 160,162,163,164,and 166. It's a bit closer to home and being that I'm out of town for work a lot, it might be hard to scout if it's further away.

I'm looking for feedback from the guys who have actually done the archery hunts, and not opinions of those who haven't. Interested in hearing your methods of hunting, whether it be spot and stalk, ground blind or whatever. Did you use a decoy? Were you successful or not? What would you do differently etc. Just looking for first hand experiences to guide me through the process of tagging an antelope. Thanks in advance for all the help.