View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The anti gun people use the divide and conquer principle to eliminate one type of firearm at a time, and with some firearms owners actually helping them to attack a specific type of firearm, it makes their job much easier. Once the anti gun people eliminate one type of firearm, they move on to the next type. It will start with firearms that look like assault rifles, but all semi auto firearms will follow, then all repeaters, and finally all remaining firearms.

In the end, all firearms owners will be losers, if we don't stick together, so you might want to be careful just how you express your opinion. If you don't support the people that own firearms that you don't approve of, don't expect them to help you fight to keep your firearms, once the anti gun crowd has their firearms banned, and they target yours next.
Elk, I am going to respectfully disagree with the tone of this remark. It seems you are essentially saying is that I am entitled to my opinion as long as it is the same as what you precieve to be that of all responsible gun owners. Why would I want to be careful on how I express my opinion. Should I be afraid my opinion may not be popular with all, frankly from a pure democratic perspective the very health of that democracy is measured by the fact we don't all have the same opinion none of us should feel we have to "be careful on how we express our opinion".

If the whole premisis in our fight with the anti's means we have to abandon our individual beliefs and opinions the fight is already lost, there is no battle worth fighting that requires people to abandon their greatest right, Freedom of speech.