View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 08:03 PM

Streams i use to fish a lot in the upper Elbow are almost devoid of fish now. Could catch 50-100 small cutts and bulls...and now 2. Thing is...I fished a hole...nothing. Then walked through it and scattered nothing. Never happened before. I definitely see the change.

I thought maybe the floods and fishing pressure...but WD could definitely be an additional factor.

My only question is what amount of significant tubifex worms are in the upper mountain / foothill tribs?

I still see and hear about poaching. Driving through streams. Cows in flowing waters. Lack of tree and bush cover along the shores. Poor culverts.

Some change for the better is happening however I am not convinced all problems are WD related. What percentage is a good question. Adding some resistance into the genetics...makes sense.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin