View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
That is wild, I had no idea. The only place I have ever anything similar is on boats.
I had to do some hydraulic hose work on my payloader, there are hoses from the joystick to the bottom of the floor then down to the blocks. They are a REAL PITA to work on, very small access hole and no possible way to get hands in.
Sorry for the derail.

Thanks for the info, interesting stuff.

What year is the tractor?
Yeah they are kind of similar to the control cables on boats, that's right. Generally each end of the cable has a yoke or clevis that threads on and has a jam nut so you can adjust the stroke of the cable to allow for proper detent operation etc.

That particular tractor would be a mid 90's unit, but basically all of the mechanical joystick operated farm loaders work the same way for the last 40 years or so. Now a lot of tractors also offer the option of an electronic joystick. Some guys like them, some don't. You get away from the freezing issue and they are effortless to run, less fatigue but they don't have the same positive feedback when you are feathering the valve, the newer ones are much better than the older ones in that regard.