View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1 View Post
Thank you all. Will get quotes next week and go from there. Not sure on my policy forgiveness as I am direct at fault.
Just so you know. Calling your insurance company...telling them you had a minor bumper and am thinking of just paying out of pocket and then paying out of pocket still means your first accident forgiveness is used up.

Any accident counts...regardless of if they pay or not. It is a statistics thing...not a $$ thing for insurance companies.

I you hit someone and you fix out of pocket and they call their insurance company just cuz....your insurance can still go up.

My thinking is...pay 30 years of insurance...have an accident...it is there to use. Your deductible is the question...is the cost worth more or less than the deductible.

Any bumper damage needing a new bumper is an instant $4000+. A big scrape down the side...$4000.

Parts are replaceable often. Not repaired.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin