View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
There's none of that animal rights nonsense around here, Keg, and the two district offices that I deal with are very supportive of trapping. Besides, the animal rights activists would be too busy harping on the duck and goose hunters to ever worry about me trapping a few muskrats.....lol. Those types would not last long around here.
You are lucky.

I've run into them every place I've been. Most are not involved in any organization, they live normal lives. But they buy into that BS and think they have a duty to enforce laws that do not exist.

Here, the most strident of that type is a local land owner and exotic bird breeder.
She's well known in the community for going ballistic if she encounters any outdoorsman, be that hunter, fisherman or trapper.

She has reported many a local for doing nothing more then packing a rifle, on their own property.

The odd thing is, her offspring are nothing like her in that regard. Some are even sportsman in their own right.

George Bernard Shaw