View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 05:08 PM

I think that the mention of a stool and a rope was in reference to our own under-punished criminals who have committed far worse crimes than her but will probably see less punishment. I don't think it was directed towards her personally, even the strictest among us probably don't think graffiti/vandalism is a death-penalty issue (though I'd make an exception for the Taliban who blew up those massive ancient statues, but I digress).

In this woman's case I would think that a $10K to 20K fine and 6 months in the pokey should satisfy punishment as well as maintain Thailands precedent of not messing around with criminals. Its not a punishment however if a bunch of bleeding heart doofuses contribute to her GoFundMe, that's quite counter to the whole point of having a deterrent. Its much like how a spoiled rich kid will never learn a lesson if they're perpetually shielded from reality, except in this case its a spoiled kid who isn't rich who is financially shielded by a horde of enablers. The fine is not to satisfy the government, it is to serve as a punishment for the accused. What would be awesome is if the government makes her fine a floating one, a base punishment amount plus whatever the GoFundMe drive raises. No avoiding that deterrent, toots. lol

Based on her probable voting pattern, I'm fine if she has to spend a bit more time abroad through one or two election cycles. Don't anyone send her an absentee ballot either.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 10-20-2018 at 05:27 PM.