View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
I think ten years is over the top! Strange the mom on go fund me claims it is for expenses here at home . I could see it for a lawyer. Some of these countrys , prisoners families are responsible to feed them . Not sure about thialand!
It's to make her car payments and to pay for mom to go to Thailand and "support" her daughter while she awaits trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazeau View Post
There seems to be a general consensus here that she's already started her 10 year sentence. From the CBC article, "vandalizing registered ancient artifacts, which carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a million baht – or $40,000 – fine". It says "up to" and she hasn't been to trial yet. Somehow, it seems to me from what I could see from the video that this would be more like a 1 month 50,000 baht crime. Anyway, from a couple of the posts here, I can see who's contributing to her go-fund me page.

Yep, she hasn't gone to court yet and so many of her defenders are over reacting with the 10 years. I have mutual friends of this family and when you hear them tell the story, it's "she only spray painted some brick wall". They neglect to add in it's an 800 year old heritage site.