View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justfishin73 View Post
Good morning all.

After having my snow goose hunt cancelled in sask, still looking to get out in a big way. Work has me swamped, so have had very limited time to scout, and they don't come to my usual spots around here. Just hoping someone might have an open spot please. I'm well equipped with everything needed--lots of decoys--full bodies, shells, flyers. I am a respectful mid-40s hunter, not looking to step on any toes, and happy to return the favor with some Canada's come fall.

I'm in Edmonton, trying to keep it within an hour of home, but certainly willing to look at all options.

Trying to get out to scout just past Elk island this weekend, but they seem to be laying low.

Thanks to all
I don't know much about snows, certainly nothing close to what some of the guys on here do but I would wait 2-3 more weeks. There is still snow on the fields, water is frozen and the temperatures are not favorable. Any that you may be seeing, are either too eager or are "locals". I have never seen any near Elk Island Park, I have seen them by Big Lake just flying by super high, but I would suggest looking Eastward of Tofield or Vegreville.