View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 10:01 AM

I hunt in 109-108 a lot. Lotsa good Mulies down here, and lots of good ppl that will let you hunt on there land. If in 109 talk to the Hutterites, they are great, and will most likely let you hunt on there land. Plus all the leased grazing land you can get on. There are a few guys that won't let anyone hunt on there land. But that's mostly from being burned by some idiots.
As for where to look. All over. If I would have had a Mulie tag last year, I would have easily token a decent buck. In fact I found one bedded down in a draw that was, by my guess, and I'm not that great at guessing. 180ish. He was playing the don't move and he won't see ya game, as I sat where and watched him from 200 yards with binos. He was big.
Theirs also the river coulees of the South Saskatchewan. Lots of good places all over. And basically the farmers are all really Hunter friendly, good ppl.
I'll put it like this. Last year was my first year hunting big game. And after driving the roads down there and some hiking, I have seen a ton of big bucks.
Driving back from fishing last weekend at dusk, I took some roads I know, and I saw atleast 40+ deer. Mostly Mulies.
If you decide to head that way. Pm me and I'll give you some leads on where to look. If I don't get back to you right away, I'm just busy and don't log in too much right now. But I'll check. Cheers.