View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 10:10 PM

loan your kid the money. Interest free if you want to, but it should be clear that she has to pay it back at the end of her first degree/diploma, and any further education is exclusively her responsibility. Paying for it herself makes it valuable to her, and enforces the concept that there has to be a ROI/career at the end vs being a student forever because it’s easy or what she’s used to. This worked on me and most people I know. The ones who had daddy’s money, didn’t really give a crap....Some did ok but most aren’t in the profession anymore, more school because it’s easy to wake up at 11 and go to 2 classes.

Don’t leave your wife in a different city, even temporarily. That’s not how human relationships work. Only bad stuff comes from distance. Even the suggestion is a red flag. So what if she goes and comes back? Such is life as a couple. There’s the advice you didn’t want.

Rent in cowtown, together, and make a final decision here vs there at no more than 6 months. I wouldn’t suggest making a long term plan on your kids place of residence until you have a better idea of her future. Things change a lot in those years. Nothing wrong with residence or renting an apartment until you know for sure.