View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Default heres more pics

heres a picture of the two rams, and some nasty country on our stock too my bros ram. we had to go around a steep cliff and it was awsome, hang on or go down.
and a little dark picture or me and brian after i shot my ram.
my brother got my ram and stock all on film, laying down i shot that ram at 400 yards.
i practiced that shot alot here at dawson creek range before the hunts so i was pretty sure i could make it, but since i won the coin toss and got to shoot first i didnt want to miss, casue then it woudl be his turn to shoot a ram, so he told me that if i didnt shoot the ram by 920 at night he was shooting it, i wanted a double broomed ram so up i went onto my belly and with video camera running and brian looking through the spotting scope i slowly squeezed the trigger and the rams head went down, unbeleivable feeling to shoot my second ram in 3 weeks.
brian shot his ram at 180 yards with the 300 ultra mag and it never moved, until that is i walked up to it, brian was trying to move the head around and i kicked the ass around and down he went about 800 yards to the bottom of the mountain doing cartwheels, i couldnt believe it, i was so mad and worried that the horns were gonna be busted but luckily they werent. there wasnt a drop of blood on his ram until it went for the tumble.

ive attached a couple pictures from the stone sheep hunt a couple week prior also, the one picture is a band of rams we found at 280 yards, there is 19 rams in the band, it was 8 days later i shot the one in the middle as i turned him down on the second day, which almost costed me to go home with out a ram on that trip, wheather socked in and bad luck. got him on the 11th day with two days to go in the hunt. hunting off of glaciers was deffinltly neat and different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000512.jpg (75.0 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg P1000443.jpg (159.5 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg P1000468.jpg (163.2 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg PatGarretSheep06334.jpg (73.9 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg PatGarretSheep06364.jpg (83.5 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg PatGarretSheep06350.jpg (80.3 KB, 150 views)