View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 09:29 PM

Default Newbie to hunting

Hey all,

Seeking experienced hunting mentor/partner.
Ex -Military @ 37 years young , new to hunting, not new to the outdoors. Went out last fall with an experienced hunter just for the experience. Ended up not getting anything but the experience was more than worth it. I own my own rifles (1943 Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30, Russian SKS, and .22 magnum) Sorry but I love old Military stuff. Not hunters certified yet but planning on it when I can. (just was recently laid off due to downturn in Construction, but now just started a new job). Living in the extreme south Calgary area. Looking to hunt white tail and Rufted grouse. Looking to hunt areas west of Black Diamond or west of Cochrane when I do become certified. For now looking to gaining as much experience as I can learning how to butcher and skinning the deer. Not afraid of hands on. Can and willing to be a two legged pack mule for trade for learning how butcher and skin without wasting the animal. Willing to help out on farm or ranch in exchange for learning. (must earn it to learn it).
Also not opposed to hunting the vicious gophers either in exchange for learning either.

Viking Caliber

Last edited by Viking Caliber; 02-01-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: need to add info