View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 10:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I can tell you why our range, and many others don't allow officers to use their service firearms outside of official police bookings. When people without uniforms do magazine dumps of 20 rounds or more, they attract attention and our members complain . Then the executive has to investigate the complaints, in case illegal activities are taking place at our facility. If we allow illegal activities on our premises, the CFO can revoke our range approvals, and shut us down.We are all volunteers, and having to investigate these complaints takes time, and then we have to report back to the unhappy members that complained, that the people they reported are police using their service firearms. And that takes more time that we don't want to waste, and still leaves other members unhappy.
So to avoid all of this hassle, we just enact rules that prohibit anyone from using prohibited firearms on our ranges, with the exception of law enforcement, during law enforcement range bookings.
So even if it was legal for off duty officers to shoot their service firearms on a range, we won't allow it on our range, and neither will many other ranges.

That’s fair enough equality for all.

This fella will get his day in court and then do the hatless dance in front of his superiors too....man I remember the stuff we use to do during my army days and wow when the hammer came down it was not pleasant hard lessons learnt

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...