View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
So did the bullet in the middle, by the fact that it's front end blew apart, create a bigger energy dump? Or do the bullets that have the larger AND wider frontal area that penetrated just as far transfer more energy? I couldn't see a hill of beans difference in the Elks reaction between any one of them.

I can just see the Barnes bullet avocates rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. Chuck, you just took all credability away with this post and proven to non-Barnes users that this bullet is subordinate to the true expansion bullets. You are right that " holes kill ". When using Barnes bullets "lots" of holes are needed. Out of 98 big game animals 95% were one shot kills using Nosler Ballistic Tips except for one, I used a TSX. That lung shot buck ran over 500 yards before fall over dead. If it wasen't for wide open country and snow I would of lost the buck . The 1% were a finishing neck shot. The TSX is a relativily new bullet and in recent years I have heard many stories from my hunting clients and other hunters of lost animals because of the these narrow expansion projectiles. The Barnes bullets is the closest thing to a FMJ. Chuck, take some advice from experience for a change.