View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Didn't feel the need to quote everyone but agree that Kenney would be destroyed in a federal race.

I don't think that Mr. Harper coming back would be overly productive. He was a great prime minister, but the left and the media (same thing, I know) continue to castigate him. He knows it, and he is very successful, and seems to be keeping busy with his other ventures.

Peter Poiloviere I feel would have been a force to be reckoned with. He's razor sharp, very funny and fairly young, but capable, and not prone to appearing foolish on the world stage such as "socks" does. He would be fairly appealing to the French vote.

Rona Ambrose is intelligent and capable, and really would have been a good choice. There's a certain demographic that won't be swayed by a conservative candidate unless it's a woman.

Peter O'Toole might be alright, but man, the image of older white guys being conservative isn't going to die with him!

Peter MacKay might be a bit red, or maybe not as much after these years. He is for sure qualified, and held down the top jobs in the country for years. The image of a thoughtful fluffy government won't be his, and I suspect because of this, and his long ties to the Conservative Party under Stephen Harper, the top job won't come easy. If at all.

The above are my extremely shallow observations based on the extremely shallow voters that will make or break an election. It's stupid, but looks, image, sex and race will now make a difference. Never mind actual qualifications.

Didn't like the "He's just not ready" smear. Kind of implied in a back handed way that he was capable of growing into the job. We all know that not to be the case however, and is barely into advanced coloring books, and his handlers struggle I'm sure to keep him from eating the crayons, and tasting the felts.
Excellent Post, Agree on all counts and your assessments of each option.

It's going to be tough sledding for us in the next Federal election, and we really need to get the Liberals out of Ottawa.