View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Also, just wanted to say I don't mean to pick on you Immigrant or anyone else, just throwing some food for thought out there.
No worries jstubbs. No offence taken. I realize that dealerships aren’t charities. They need to pay staff, utilities, rent etc. I get that. But why be so greedy. They could have “washed” and parked that vehicle on the lot just like that. Even if they sold it at $20,000 they would have made $7000 profit on 1 sale. Plus sell me a new unit, upgraded tires, rims, command start etc. and make probably another $4000 on that sale. Total of $11,000 off one guy. I know many hours of work I have to put in to earn $11,000.....But instead they made nothing. And I walked away and will never go back. Why, because I felt he insulted my intelligence by trying to convince me a wash and an oil change is worth thousands of dollars. And yes, it’s a free country. If the price aint right, we can both walk away. And we did. No harm done other than hurt feelings. The trade was more a “nice to have” than a need. At the current $13,000 evaluation we will drive it till it quits.

Last edited by Immigrant; 03-19-2019 at 05:38 PM.