View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I have a 2012 F350 Lariat 6.7 with under 100km, and a 2016 F150 Lariat with 51km. I was talking to my son about trading one or both off, the 1 ton because it has a sunroof that takes away valuable headroom, and the 1/2t because I never use it.
He recommended TEAM ford, and told a buddy there I was maybe looking to trade.

A day later I get a text from a salesperson asking about the trucks. I sent him pics and VIN's, got back a very excited 'WOW those are Mint! You will get HUGE money for them!!!
I asked him what HUGE money was for the 1 ton, he said 'HIGH TEENS!!!'

I said Pardon? (in my best The Champ voice)

That pretty much ended it with TEAM ford. No, actually, that ended it.
I was talking about it with friends online, and half a dozen dealers are calling me this morning, wanting pics and VIN's.

I just hate selling high dollar items here, you get the tirekickers, traders, no-shows and the worst ones; 'well what would you take today, right now CASH???'
I had a couple message me saying they buy and sell, but they had to make a buck too so I HAD to give them the best deal today. Wow. You aren't going to make money spinning my trucks, sorry.

CASH?? 'well, I was really hoping for gold bullion or chickens, maybe turnips or rare earth magnets, but I suppose I would look at cash.' Seriously? What do they think saying cash is going to do?

Salespeople drive me nuts.

Has anyone taken a vehicle to the States and traded it off? The Dealerships all say the same thing; they have a guy in the States that is looking for trucks RFN!!!

Why should we lost $5000-10,000 by delivering the truck to TEAM so they can drive it to the south side of the border?

I am seriously thinking about going South with it, our dollar sucks so there is a huge advantage. That is why the dealers here are loading semis south.
You should get back to the dealer and tell them that you'll take the deal if it's paid in the face value of $50 bullion gold coins.