View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
I don't put a lot of faith into the "fancy stats" world either but I find some statistics interesting to look at to help explain what is going on beyond what the eye immediately sees.

Not sure which terms you're unfamiliar with, SV% refers to save percentage, SH% refers to shooting percentage. PDO I don't believe actually stands for anything besides it being the online handle of whoever created the statistic (PDO is also referred to as just SVSH% because of that).
Save and shots, right, thanks....I guess I should have figured that out. Now it makes perfect sense. Other than the Oilers sucking wind so badly to start season.

Yes, stats don't always mean much. I remember the commentators last year saying that the teams with the highest percentage of face off wins were all in bottom of divisions, and the teams with worst face off were in the top. So, they don't always mean much. Like getting 5 first overall pics in a few years.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone