View Single Post
Old 11-14-2016, 06:53 PM
Banned

Did you just imply that if someone doesn't think that they need to take the basic trapping course that they don't want to learn anything new?
Talk about a loaded question.

The most successful Trappers that I know never had a basic Trappers course. I was fortunate enough to be able to study for and challenge the test and I think that I do pretty good. I studied the manual for two months, stopping to research each and every topic that I wanted to know more about in greater detail and asked a lot of questions online and in person. I would estimate that I put in several hundred hours studying for the test. Compare that to a three day basic Trapper course and it's not hard to determine what training was much more in depth.......so, no, I don't think that I need a basic Trappers course but yes, I am always trying to learn new things and share what I learn with others.

I've had several new Trappers fresh off the basic trapping course in my shed so I have a very good idea of how knowledgeable they are after taking the course.