View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
We're gonna convoy out with the campers on Thursday. Once again, the south looks like it will be well represented. Looked forward to hooking up with you FAV. What will you be shooting? I'm thinking my 700 LSS in 7-08....120gr Pro-Hunters for me. The rainbow bullets. Just in case, throw your shotgun and some rimfires in the truck, you never know what Dick might cook up.
Thursday hey, well work will probably have me at my desk til noon on Friday and then zip up there, no trailer will make for a quicker trip!

Going to shot my cheap POS Savage Axis chambered in 308 Win. Shooting 165 gr SGK being pushed by H4895. The boy is shooting my old Ruger in 270 Win, 110gr Horndady VMax bullets pushed by a reduced load of H4895, going to switch him to ProHunters before hunting season. I bought some of the VMax for him to shoot gophers with.

I have lots of room in the truck so I will toss in a couple extra guns as well. I should bring my bow too, I think I am more confident in my ability with that out to 40 yards then I am with the rifle

Now if I could just find some bloody time to shoot before then I will be a happy guy! Going to buy a range membership close to home next year I think even if it is pricey.

I need a little patch of heaven with a range out my front door.