View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
How much are we talking about? In most cases I'd say cash. I bought a boat for $25,000. Went to the local bank, got cash, put it in the guy's hand. Tell him to do that. I'm afraid I don't know the intricacies of an American getting Canadian cash. He can't bring a lot (in either currency) over the border without declaring it and all the hassle that goes with that.
So that sign at the boarder, if you have over 10,000 Canadian in Monterey instruments. It INCLUDES bank drafts, cheques, cash, and all other monetary instruments (debit cards etc)

I was coming back from the USA with some cheques for our us company, our accounting is located in Canada. So figured I better declare.

Had a chat with the boarder agent at YYC After. He said thanks for declaring but it's a joke rule. No one declares what the should. As most people have access to 10k or more. But if you got 10k in your bank account your supposed to declare it crossing both ways.

They'll never hassle you for this, only cash to help eliminate drug payments. But I found it interesting.

And to the OP. Don't use PayPal if that comes up!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk