View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryley View Post
Potty i dont understand how you figure if having every season on a draw system for a specific species wont help anything? Again, if there are even .5% fewer animals harvested in an area that is seeing an overall drop in numbers, how can you say it wont help?

Notice how the discussion becomes convoluted with the only arguement being "show me hard statistical data". Common sense needs to factor in at some point fellas and common sense says that putting a species on a draw system across the board will limit the number of animals harvested in any given season. If your only rebuttle is "they should further cut back the rifle allocations", then i agree!!! Cut em back to absolute minimums!!! BUT, do that along with every other season being put on draw. Every little bit will help.
It all depends on what the data shows, how accurate it was collected and what they are supposedly trying to fix. If it's numbers then, there are way better methods and more serious things to investigate.

Reducing doe, outfitter and landowner tags, is a serious resolution to
strengthening numbers.

Remember this the same people that allowed in recent years...

- Sunday hunting ( which I'm against, but that's a different thread)
- expansion of days ( they added wednesday is some eastern zones)
- opening bow season down south on Sept 1st
- Cwd fiasco
- increasing tag numbers
- having some seasons end mid Dec.

Revert some of those and you'll get that 2-3% your looking for. Bow draw isn't the solution .