View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 12:17 PM

Thumbs down Case 621b driveline failure- was a U-JOINT!!!

I was using my 1996 Case 621b payloader moving snow last night. I started again this morning. When I was bringing it home I felt a vibration that was never there before. I stopped and got out to check underneath, but saw nothing. I hoped it was just ripples on the icy road. Then there was a thunk. It sounds like a gear is being eaten. It would actually stop the wheels from moving. Again I went underneath, checked the driveshaft, nothing. I limped it 2 blocks home barely moving, if you go slow enough it doesn't lock up, obviously I could not leave it on a street.
I am not sure what it is, transmission most likely, but there are parts looking for sunshine. I have not dropped filters yet looking for shavings, I know they will be there.
I will very likely end up parting the old girl out, even though I am quite mechanically able and active, this is too much for me to tackle.
Any ideas?

I just talked to a guy parting out a fire damaged unit that thinks it may be the crown and pinion.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 12-09-2018 at 12:39 PM.