View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 11:28 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Are you going to be buying all grades of Yotes, Marty, or just the higher, marketable grades?

I’d also be curious if you’ll be buying deer, elk and moose hides.

The first auction will tell the tale when the auction prices less drumming and commissions are compared to GFW prices.
Sorry Dave, others, didn't catch all the questions. Been very busy.

GFW buys everything, they don't just pick and chose and leave the trapper with a picked over collection with the desire-ables out and the non-desire-able unsold for great lengths of time. They buy all grades of coyotes, lynx, marten, beaver, rats, coon, wolves, otters, wolverine, even ermine.

Squirrels kinda tough these days, lotsa squirrels buy-able at auction for 0.25 unless they cleared them out... hope so. But otters are a zero demand item and they will buy them, not great prices but it puts money in the trappers pocket for his efforts instead of nothing. Can't pay bills with unsold skins.

GFW might buy deer hides, elk moose etc in the USA, but they are currently not buying such items here in Canada. Perhaps in the future, but currently the door is only open a crack, ZERO prep time and the season was upon us.

I guess we are buying castoreum. I'm told at $80 per pound, that may be for clean, may be for all. The "CastorMan" is buying for GFW in Ontario somewhere, therefore GFW has access to one of the very best castor outlets.