View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 09:41 PM
AO Sponsor

Some very big averages happening on the coyotes these days in the country!!!

Sounds like a lot of coyotes to be had this season, big numbers. Could be a very large harvest, sell early, sell often to take advantage of the spike. If there’s an overproduction such as a few years ago, the prices could easily soften later in the season.

Harvest size is always directly tied to price. The country buying by the large companies rallying for goods sets the values for the year in addition to what has happened at auction in previous season. Even some of the big Italian buyers are seeking goods in the country this year, desiring uniformity in their purchased collections which has always been a sore spot for them traditionally at auction, as well as dodging the excess auction fees. I do believe that is one plus of FHA over NAFA, from the buyers perspective, I do believe FHAs buyer fees are lower than NAFAs.

That’s coyotes.

Then the other stuff, selling to the various buyers moves your goods and puts the money in your pocket rather than having the less desired goods sit unsold for very lengthy time periods. Some buyers have standing orders for many goods at set levels, and in addition to that, some buyers speculate buy on a long term basis, buying goods and waiting for the orders to come.

GFW buys a lot of otherwise unwanted goods and sorts/grades and catalogues the goods. Then they make the goods available/known to their potential buyers and when the buyers are ready, they make their order and GFW fills it it’s their available inventories.

Cool company, I jumped on with them, not to get rich, but because this is a very good thing for the Alberta/Canadian trappers.

The more people standing there waving cash at the trappers, the better it is for the trapper. However, there is a shortage of people standing there waving money at the trappers these days for anything other than coyotes.

Do note... GFW buys most everything.

Last edited by Marty S; 12-08-2019 at 10:02 PM.