View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
From my experiences BC trout are way different than AB trout when it comes to chrony fishing. Matching the hatch has always seemed more important in BC interior lakes than it has been in trout lakes I've fished in AB. I think one reason is that those big tank trout you mention are well educated in BC lakes.
Way more chrony fisherman there educating them. And those lakes have a lot of feed in them so they have a variety of food to source thus making them even more picky I think.
I know times chrony fishing in lakes where I live and fish in AB can make anybody feel like a pro. They'll take anything you throw at them. Less feed and hatches and less educators..
Good to know. Yeah I think you are right with the educated trout in BC. It even seems it depends on the lake in BC. The smalled higher pressured lakes the fish will grab and drop the chroni so fast. Other lakes that float is gone, they'll dray your whole rod down.

If it even opens up again after this post COVID area when I am back home in AB I'll have to try some Chironomid fishing.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures