View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
Interesting to hear your perspective. I really haven't done enough Chroni fishing to know much from experience. Most guys I talk to do agree on the throat samples, but the guys catching the tanks in BC have told me size is the most important as well as the quality of the chroni. They say there are days when they will only hit the skinniest tied chronis in the box.
From my experiences BC trout are way different than AB trout when it comes to chrony fishing. Matching the hatch has always seemed more important in BC interior lakes than it has been in trout lakes I've fished in AB. I think one reason is that those big tank trout you mention are well educated in BC lakes.
Way more chrony fisherman there educating them. And those lakes have a lot of feed in them so they have a variety of food to source thus making them even more picky I think.
I know times chrony fishing in lakes where I live and fish in AB can make anybody feel like a pro. They'll take anything you throw at them. Less feed and hatches and less educators..