View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 10:11 AM

Default ATV Pontoon system,

Hello gentlemen, my name is Darrell Grove the creator and founder of the Water Traxx Inc. pontoon system. A good friend of mine allowed me to access this forum to respond. I will try and address all the comments in one general reply. Feel free to ask all the questions you like. First of all the installation is really quite simple, it only takes 20-30 minutes to completely install including inflating the pontoons. Anyone with even limited mechanical abilities can do it. My wife is far from mechanical and she can do it in under 30 minutes. It is all pinned together with stainless lock pins, each piece is interchangeable on both sides. The main sub frame is also in two pieces for a more compact design to store and carry. The entire system in the carrying bag weighs approximately 145 lbs. The bag is a little large to pick up so it is easier to pack the bag with the parts after the bag is on your quad. My 10 year old son can pack the entire system on the quad in 10 minutes as there is no need to lift the entire loaded bag. As for the legalities of the system, make no mistake about it I have done all the research! I am fully aware of the Alberta Regs. I approached the Minister of Transport directly before even starting this project. I have been given approval directly from Transport Canada to allow this system to be used in Canada. When on land you follow ATV rules and when on water to follow boating rules. It is classified as a temporary add on to cross bodies of water without damaging subsurface structure. It is no different than driving an Argo onto a body of water. If done so with respect to the environment it is no different than launching a boat via a boat trailer in a remote location. Like anything else it's not the system that does the damage it's the select few people that abuse the system that do the damage. I am a full life long outdoorsman. My entire family is involved in hunting, fishing, wildlife photography, environmental protection and conservation. I do not take this topic lightly. It is up to the owners of the ATV to ensure they are in good working condition, no different than running your ATV's through mud holes on every trail in Canada or the US. If your ATV is not properly taken care of, even on land in does more harm. I have spent many years designing this system to be very tough, user friendly, safe to operate and last many years if taken care of properly. It is an engineered stamped frame system, pontoons are engineered to handle the maximum weight of the largest quad, persons and gear. It is a load bearing apparatus and completely legal in Canada and the US. Hopefully this answers and addresses most of the comments I've see on here. I will gladly speak to anyone and answer any further questions you may have. I can be reached at 1 780 777-2015 or toll free at 1 877 777-3307.