View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 10:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up 6MT, it would be next year on a work day when we swing up that way.

And yes OB-1, the 22 rimfire is a blast, my friend, "Old Timer" hadn't been to a target ppractic for 55 years since he's a game hunter.
He's the worst bench shooter I've ever seen, so he got rid of the shooting block and rear bag to show me how its done.

The old hands are pretty steady with his 22 & 308 hunting rifles. Ha. Limited shots were in the bulls-eyes.
4" to 5" grouping off hand with Elbow rest,,, everything planted around the V ring,,, pretty good shooting at his 100 meter mark.

Then he bunkered down on the 200 meter using the post,,, 3 Shot rapped fire into the 8" and 10" pie plate.
Pretty impressed for the old school Hound Dog. LOL.
The old rusty Remington 308 semi auto is running strong.

We started off with the 22 rimfires on paper, switch to bottle caps, then using the empty 7.62x39 cases at 25 meters. We called them "chicken eye-balls. LOL.

Both of us went at it on the 2" and 3" gongs at the 200 mark with the 22's,,, we had the vertical pinned down, but the light breeze hampered the horizontal. All misses by the way. LOL

The simple 22 adds many things to the shooting sports, a chance to expand on shooting form, refresh old skills and learn new ones.
$0.01 to $0.04 per-shot depending on brand of ammo, and easy to launch 100 to 150 rounds of care free rounds.

And most importantly,,, 100% fun factor for young and old alike.

The last word out of Old Timer was,,, "I can't wait to come out to do this again."

A true houner to refresh the dream that my friend over looked in the path of life, Ha,,, lucky thing I remembered this for my self. LOL

Big Grin fore sure.

Last edited by Don_Parsons; 08-10-2018 at 10:10 PM.