View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 06:22 PM

I see tanks lasting anywhere from 8-22 years in Calgary (average, I see ones go within warranty and others older yet). I've seen much older tanks but there seems to be a wide variance in how long they last. This is the span they'll last with nothing done to their anode rods so it begs the question, how long would they have lasted with a new anode at 8-10 years? It's an unknown....

I peg the average age around 15 years based on the ones I take out.

I once changed on that was 39 years old when I was 31, the blasted thing was older than me. That one was in Bowness with a very old gent who probably didn't use much water.

I saw one that was probably 40+ years old in a house in Mt Royal and I wanted to change that thing something fierce as based on the label; I had the impression that the entire pressure vessel was copper..... That would have been a nice bonus, though I'd have had the conundrum of building something creative out of the stripped pressure vessel or taking it in for scrap. It would have had a ridiculous amount of scale in it as the house didn't have a softener. My work there was on the boiler so it wasn't on my task list.