View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 PM

Default In search of coyote/beaver problem GP area

Hello everyone, I am an avid trapper who just moved into the area in September 2017 and was too busy last winter to really get out there and meet farmers.
I have a few spots but i want to take this year alot more seriously. I will be running 5 baits so far but would like between 10 and 20. I have secured bait with every butcher shop plus deads from a few farms. I have 2 seasons of expirence.

My first year was just west of Edmonton, had one month and was very disorganizrd due to the fact i got my course done end of November, trapped for just over a month with 3 baits and managed 52 coyotes, lots of mange and ended up sending 30 to auction. All snared coyotes.

My second year i spent it learning about footholding while being in school at nait during October and snared a few on one bait up here in GP. Managed 20 to auction and maybe 5 mange.

I'll stop here, i figured I'd introduce my expirence trapping and how i cannot wait to continue. If you'd like to hesr more or just chat let me know. Not a big online guy, this is my only account and i figured its a good place to be online.