View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
I don't have a hexagonal style hub shelter like the Otter Vortex Resort. I do plan on getting one this year to overnight camp by myself. What I have and use when I take my son out is an Eskimo 9416i. I've also camped myself in my Otter Vortex Lodge.

The typical 8'X8" shelters are pretty small even for solo camping. You can see videos on YT where guys do it, but it's really cramped if you have lots of toys (electronic's, etc.). The 8'X14" shelters like my 9416i or the Otter Vortex Monster Lodge work really well since you can use half for sleeping quarters and the other half like a normal 8'X8' Lodge for fishing. I feel like it's almost too much for one person, which is why I want to pick up a Vortex Resort to try this season. I think the hexagonal hub may the best for me and all the crap I bring along, whether for the day or overnight.

Since you're talking about bringing your wife, you'll have to decide what your sleeping on. Two single cots seem to work fine in the Resort, but a queen air mattress or whatever would be better in the Monster Lodge. If you're not sure what style you'd prefer and there aren't any to view set up in nearby shops, tape the bottom dimensions off on a garage floor or your yard and see what meet's with the boss's approval. Good luck, and don't forget a CO monitor!
Appreciate the feedback. We'd absolutely be doing cots and likely opposite ends and fish the middle through the night. Absolutely have CO monitor, but also use only a Buddy heater with built in CO shutoff.