View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Kinda meh. My 7mm's don't kick any harder than my 270's but rifle brand, stock style, weight and fit has everything to do with it. 7RM, 30-06 and 270wsm recoil is a wash with 270 and 308 a pound or 2 less all shooting similar loads.

Only 7mm recoil that ever made me pay attn was a TIKKA T3 and I'd never own one in anything over 6.5 for that reason. Just horrible considering 7mm is still a decently mild recoil.

7STW is a whole different breed of course. Best of the 7's imo.
Agreed. I shot 7 rem mags for years because to me they kicked less than an 06 and about the same as a 270. I REALLY like the 7 rem mag, but it doesn't change the fact that under 300 yards the difference in performance is totally irrelevant. The reason I shot the 7 rem then the 7 ultra was because I was shooting stuff at 700 to 1200 yards. That is where u see the difference in bc and the performance that goes with it. That said u will not change my mind that at 300 and under the 308 is every bit as capable. I have been a big boomer fan my whole life, including loving the 375 and the 460 Bee, but I still fully understand how little the relative performance differences matter at normal hunting ranges for most hunters and the easier to shoot guns are a far better idea for 90 percent of hunters. Very few people shoot enough to be better off with a magnum.