View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 11:33 AM

Here is my 2 cents having been a traditional only shooter for the past 7 years. If you have 600 dollars to invest you should set yourself up as follows:

A samick sage or mandarin duck black rock longbow will set you back ~200 get one with 40lb limbs as you will learn a lot quicker and develop proper form. They are great bows at any price point.

6 600 spined arrows with 125gr tips, this should approximately be appropriate depending on draw length. Fetched with feathers.$ 80-100

Go online and buy the solid archery mechanics course from Tom clum sr. This will give your coaching not only to shoot properly and accurately. But how to shoot in the best interest of your body, as I know quite a few shooters who have to give up the sport, switch hands or only only shoot the lightest poundages. This will run you ~300 depending on the exchange rate but is the most important money you will ever spend on the sport.

Custom bows can be bought second hand from kijiji all the time, but will be of little value if you don’t have the skills to match. Pay close attention to bow length vs your draw length. As stacking and finger pinch can ruin a shooter before they start.

Also most archery clubs have a group of trad shooters who get together from time to time. This is a great way to learn and enjoy the sport. Send me a pm anytime as I’m not in your area but can lend advice whenever is needed.